Sep 5th 2013 Hot Topics in IMAS -Theme “Oceans and Ecosystems in a Changing Climate”
There is ground breaking research going on and we don’t always get to hear about it, here is an opportunity: Eight 15 minute talks on September 5th from 2pm-4pm @University Club, Dobson Rd, Sandy Bay Campus. Here is a run down of the short talks….
- IPCC Perspective: why assess climate change – Professor Nathan Bindoff
- The Southern Ocean’s role in global climate – Assoc Professor Pete Strutton
- Ocean Currents – Dr Helen Phillips
- Ocean Mixing – Dr Maxim Nikurashin
- Stressed Out – Professor Philip Boyd
- Drivers of marine ecosystem change in eastern Tasmania and management responses – Professor Craig Johnson
- Relating mammal movements to environmental factors – Dr Sophie Bestley
- Algal Blooms in the Australian Region – Professor Gustaaf Hallegraeff
The Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies (IMAS) pursues multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary work to advance understanding of temperate marine, Southern Ocean, and Antarctic environments.
These presentations are open to all UTAS Staff and Students and to interested persons from the Government, Business, Industry and the Community.